DSLDave

Konigsport FKKKVW55 adjustable?

The set-up on my recently purchased VR6 is a Konigsport FKKKVW55 (as seen from the invoice in the history folder from previous owner Veedubhev) fitted in 2005. It is apparently lowered by 60mm, and although it looks great at that setting, it is just not practical on many Irish roads, where I get plenty of wheel-arch scraping if I'm carrying a couple of passengers and doing over 50mph!

I want to raise it 20-25mm maybe, but people here are telling me I can only adjust firmness but not ride height. Is this true??

Jack your car up and stick your head in the wheel arch and look for the height adjustment rings on the struts... that's the quickest way to tell! Height adjustable suspension will basically have rings and a portion of the strut will be threaded on the outside so you can move the rings up and down to adjust the ride height. If you don't see these, your car is not height adjustable!

I have FK Konigsports and they are definately adjustable on both height and dampening. Do what Jim says and you'll soon see. You may need to liberally spray the adjuster rings with penetrating fluid to get them to move first though.

Thanks for that folks. I jacked up one of the rears, and yes, I could see the 2 adjusting nuts and the thread. There seemed to be a good 60 mm of thread above the nuts, so I take it that that means no problem to raise it 20-25mm. Fingers crossed now that they are not seized and that I can do the job on them.

Yeah - as has been said, get soaking those threads in penetrating spray now as if they've not been touched in a while, they are most likely not going to want to move! :)

Blimey! I went today to get the Corrado up on a ramp and get the suspension adjusted. When the wheels were taken off, we had to call a halt, couldnt touch the adjusting rings - they were cracked and disintegrating! The ones on the drivers wheel were in a pretty dangerous condition, falling apart. So now I've got to put the car away and hope to get replacement rings. Luckily the rest of the kit looks absolutely fine. They've been on the car since 2005.