macus

Becker Head Unit navigation cable

Hi,

I've just bought a becker online pro head unit (really wanted a decent head unit to suit the interior of the car)

i have been searching for a definitive answer about the gala/speed pulse wire.

This appears to cause problems with the automatic spoiler (which, in my case is working and i dont want to stop working!) when connected to head units.

The speed pulse cable is also required however, for navigation to function correctly.

Will my spoiler stop working if i wire the speed pulse to the gala input on the ISO block?

If so where else can i get a speed pulse signal from and how should i do it? e.g splice wires from gearbox sender?

Thanks in advance

i would of thought splicing into the speed signal off the gearbox should be ok, by splicing it should still send a speend signal to the spoiler control unit.

I used several Becker head units without problems. The speed signal I've used is the standard blue and white wire found in the radio wiring bundle.

I think there is another signal feed from the fuse box, maybe that's the one which causes problems?

Thanks for the help, would like to avoid splicing into gearbox wire if possible.

I'll try blue/white wire into block A pin 1 on ISO connector

Thanks again

I'll try blue/white wire into block A pin 1 on ISO connector

Thanks again

That's the one!

Also, I've never bothered connecting the gearbox reverse signal to the head unit. It doesn't seem to affect navigation at all.

There is a service menu which allows you to check the speed readout in km/h and adjust the speed sensitivity for auto volume control. I can't remember the key sequence to get into it, let me know if you need it, and I'll try and find it.