Jim Bowen

Help with some wiring, Kinda corrado related

Think i bought the wrong thing really, but will try and make it work and see what its like. Was meant to buy a light for working in the garage, thought i was getting something you stand on the floor and was about A4 paper sized.

I've ended up with some sort of 12v caravans security light :lol:

20121019_110726.jpg

20121019_110718.jpg

I was thinking i get two wires with clips and just clip them to the car battery, but the light has three wires?

Could it be wired to work off the mains 240v?

looks to me like its designed to be mains voltage. Somewhere on the unit should be a voltage rating, usually on a sticker on the back. It should be on the box it came in too

the sticker said 12v only, just reading the reviews for it on amazon and one mentions about the colours being suited to mains, but everyone is using it as 12v :lol:

i hate electrics.

---------- Post added at 12:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 AM ----------

I've found out that i should do Brown to +, Blue to -, but not sure what to do with the yellow/green

---------- Post added at 12:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 PM ----------

Sending it back, not to worry :lol:

Deffo looks like mains lighting circuit to me: brown is live, blue is neutral, yellow/green striped is earth.