GusPW

Did original speedlines have different colour on face and barrel?

Hi,

I've just had mine refurbished and they are primer grey on the barrel and only painted silver on the face of the wheel. when I gave them to them they were silver all the way through.

I've been told that this is standard refurb practice and that even new wheels are like this. Am I expecting too much to have them the same colour on the face and the barrel? not the cheapest place to get it done either at a standard price of £75 per wheel.

Mine came out like that as well, i would of preferred them all the same, but once they are on and a bit used i never notice. Will probably get them powder coated next time as i already noticed some chips etc

Just a lazy job by the refurb place, I reckon. Got my Ultraleggeras done a while back and they blasted them, powder-coated them black and then painted the entire wheel silver over the top of the powdercoat. They save money by only having one shade of silver (they powdercoat either white or black for dark grey or light grey) but it was only 40 quid a wheel...

You're right, they should be the same colour all over.

Stone

To be fair to them they are redoing them for an extra £40, which is basically taking away the discount he had originally offered for them being smaller wheels than normal.

And they would have happily painted them all the way through if I'd specified but my point was that I don't know the ins and outs of wheel refurbing so if I leave them with wheels that are one colour why would I expect to need to ask them to paint them one colour.

Stonejag- These guys powder coat a base later and paint over the top as well but 40 is a lot cheaper, where did you get them done?

Mine were done at Max Powder in Hemel Hempstead: http://maxpowder.co.uk/ .

corrado-ultraleggeras.jpg

corrado-ultraleggeras312.jpg

They look a bit worse for wear now I've kerbed them a few times but the bits I haven't damaged still look awesome. The surface finish is very smooth so it cleans up nicely with a bit of soapy water. Excellent results for the price!

Stone