Ruggy

Coilovers In Late Model Corrado

I've got a '95 model 8v and I'm looking at fitting some AP Coilovers. Will it make a difference that it's the last model of he car with higher original ride height and different top mounts, or will the standard AP Coilover kit still bolt up with no problems?

Thanks

It should fit straight on i would of thought, should come with spring plates as part of the coilover unit.

As long as your top mounts are compatible with the plates.

Any pics of the AP coilovers?

Sorry, don't have any pics. There is only 1 version of the coilovers available, also looking at other makes on other sites they seem to offer a version for VR6 and non-VR6, but they never make a mention of early model suspension or late model suspension. I'm just trying to confirm that as I've got the last model with the different top mounts, that I won't have any problems fitting aftermarket coilovers in general.

Hope this makes sense?!

just put the very same coilovers on my '95 valver

quite frankly i've had less painful kicks to the gonads

nothing wrong with the coilovers, or the mountings/interface, and the rears are a peice of ****

it's just getting the nylock nut off the front top mounts that will make you want to stab someone

in the end my mate was able to bring round his spring compressors and a pneumatic impact wrench, and were able to do the fronts and set it all up in a couple of hours. forget trying to get that nut off with a spanner and allen key, as you would think..

of course you only need to remove this nut if you intend to reuse the top mount and bearing

apart from that, yea, it's a straight swap. well happy with mine so far.

hope this helps

Thanks for the heads up. I've just picked mine up over the weekend, think I'm going to leave it until Spring to fit them, can't be arsed going through all that with freezing cold hands! Think I'm going to take the opportunity to replace the top mounts all round at the same time.

Do that. Suspension is not that hard to replace, just make sure you have the right tools. Ive got AP as well and for the money they are excellent.

I've heard good things about them and for just short of £400, they're a decent price. I'm planning on giving them a coating of ACF-50 spray and also slathering on some copper grease to help protect them.