jamiehamy

Driving Corrado to Bulgaria, Serbia etc...

This was supposed to happen this year, but the birth of my niece meant it was postponed. So, in April, I've committed to take my mother a road trip to the former Yugoslavia and beyond. Some of you will know that I've already taken the Corrado to Bosnia.

Next up are Albania, Montenegro, Macedonia, Bulgaria, Serbia and Romania.

Anyone driven out in these parts before? I'm researching online, but not a huge amount of info out there, although LPG is plentiful and cheap apparantly.

If anyone has driven out, what route did they take? Not sure if I should go clockwise or anti clockwise. Although the S4 might be faster, quieter and a bit cheaper with longer range on LPG, I'm thinking the Corrado will be more robust and fixable in event of a breakdown.

All thoughts welcome!

Cheers,

Sounds a fantastic trip. That will be a superb experience.

I have taken the Corrado out of the Country a few times, albeit not to any of these countries.

The only advise I can give - a pre trip full service and check over.

RAC cover - I always go for the Onward Travel option.

I know one or two of the Countries mentioned have quite high crime rates allegedly - you can get the latest info on the Home Office Website.

I am sure you should be able to pick up quite a bit of info on roads etc off websites such as RAC, AA.

I think you have many more hours Internet searching though.

Good luck

I too am planning a bit of a road trip next year, down thru France staying in Millau with views of the bridge then down to cambrilles in Spain

Stop for a week then back again!!!

Alas I'll be taking the family car, alfa 156 2.4jtdm

Will of course be giving it a good service a week it so before we leave and maybe fit a few bird like a panel filter and braided brake lines

I too am planning a bit of a road trip next year, down thru France staying in Millau with views of the bridge then down to cambrilles in Spain

Stop for a week then back again!!!

Alas I'll be taking the family car, alfa 156 2.4jtdm

Will of course be giving it a good service a week it so before we leave and maybe fit a few bird like a panel filter and braided brake lines

That'll be great, we did France in the Corrado a couple of years ago, such a lovely country.

Braided hoses are one of the best mods I've made to brakes. My friend has a 156 2.4JTD, brakes are shocking, even tho pads and discs are new, I reckon braided hoses will sort them.