Sign in to follow this  
Bobbywhacker

sony stereo removal

the previous owner had a sony cdx-c4850r head unit in the car which I want to remove to get the spoiler working again :x ..... only problem is, I am buggered if I can get the sodding thing to come out... no1 in my area seems to stock the Sony pin-things you use to remove the unit, so I was sold Kenwood ones instead.. but these don't seem to work. Is there some kind of mystical Jedi technique or is it hammer time?

Cheers

talking of jedi :) :lol:

the sony pin removers are nothing but flat thin bits of metal. any flat thin bit of metal about 8mm wide should sort it for you. i used a very small screwdriver actuall

you insert the metal 'object' at about a 10 degree angle pointing up and then simply push the part you still have in your hand up to make the metal horizontal, that should free it all off... (not very well explained sorry)

if not its obvious the clips have bust and then i have no idea! sorry

reasonable sized Halfords now stock a LARGE range of stereo removal tools... I got a set for my parents Seat Leon when Seat wouldn't sell me one "for security reasons"... :?

If the slot is as Jedi describes, try a broken junior hacksaw blade and bend one end outwards to 'unclip' the unit from the cage