E2-SAW

SAW's Vr6 Track(ish) Project

Hi guys

Currently breaking my very high spec Honda Civic to fund a house deposit with my fiancée, but she was quickly told that I would still have a cheap project on the side that I could tinker about with. She is getting to go on holiday to Florida next summer so fair is fair :p

This was not long advertised and I kept on looking at it. Went for a look and is the ideal start for what we're looking to do. Also an added bonus I one the seller :)

90EB9B83-FC8A-45A8-A7C4-FF8392BDD1C5-21530-0000037776AE69E3.jpg

Corrado VR6. Interiors already pretty much striped out it. Engines done 160odd thousand but been rebuilt in the last 8k. Compomotive MO alloy wheels also on it now with very good Uniroyal Rainsport tyres. Need a refurb and tyres are huge but will be fine for the meantime.

Plans are to fit a weld in cage, respray it as its pretty rough just now. Whoever painted it last time needs out down. Keeping the colour im going for quiet just now. Only ever seen one done the colour I plan before and it looks amazing. Fixed bucket seats and 4-point-harnesses, coilovers, Laminex'd headlights, all red rears, simple breathing mods to begin with then later next year will hopefully be supercharger time.

Main work won't start until after Christmas probably. Got the Civic to break over the next few weeks then its work work work from there to try and get house bought.

Looking forward to starting work on it and set about it.

Hey mate, good luck with the project.

I was about to let you know that owning a Corrado wont be a cheap project, however; a friend has just sold his CTR and I can honestly say I was disgusted at the 'premium' that gets charged for Jap performance parts in the UK. By comparison, the C will probably be quite cheap!

Thanks mate.

The Corrado will be alot cheaper than the civic has been Over the years that's a definite. Honda scene demands strong money for things, but VW isn't much better in honesty for certain parts.

By doing things myself as much as possible will keep costs down. Won't need to big too many parts I don't think (I hope lol) just the breathing mods, cage, seats, harnessess and the painting material as will be painting it myself along with my Dad.

It's once I start looking into tuning, the costs will easily increase.

Will you be going na or fi? In terms of bhp return on investment, FI wins hands down. Not sure if that's normal (I'm pretty sure Civics with ITBs can make reasonable results) but you won't get that from the VR block.

BTW - I don't want you to think I'm trying to put you off!! Just giving my opinion :thumbleft:

My civic is a 451hp turbo charged 1.8 (B18) that iv thrown everything into.

The Corrado will be FI later down the line, but I can get the full exhaust system done and ready in the mean time, a decent filter for a couple bhp until FI does happen, which probably won't be until summer at the very earliest.

You're not putting me off don't worry. Iv had 4 VR's before so know the costs involved. Iv got my budget in mind and from what iv priced up for initially getting it caged, seats in, painted, exhaust and on the road, I'm well on target :)

It's what else I need to spend once that's all done, daft things like a service etc etc that will all add up.

That sounds like a expensive mod and not sure how good it will be when I eventually go FI.

An LSD will be on the list eventually, will do that once the car needs a clutch done :)