Sign in to follow this  
bigbluec

MK3 GOLF!!

Hi guys although i own a corrado :lol: my friend drives a mk3 golf that keeps stalling when the revs drop coming to a junction or dipping the clutch e.t.c its ok when its cold as i guess the auto choke is keeping them higher than usual but as soon is it is up to operating temperature it dies. it's a P reg 1.4 golf any ideas?... cheers in advance for any help

check the wiring onto the ECU... I know of several 1.4 MKIII golfs that have had similar problems due to a loose wire connection onto the ECU... :?

also sounds like an Idle stabilisation valve fault, although if a 1.4Golf has an ISV, I couldn't tell you! ;)

I have a mate with a 1.4 that idles at 2k - will that be the ISV ya think?

I was going to suggest it to him, but wasn't sure if it had one either!

Sounds possible. A friend of mine has a 1.6 Polo (P reg too I think) - he had a similar problem with idling, so I mentioned the ISV to him for when he took it to a garage, and they confirmed that my diagnosis was correct... first time for everything I suppose! Think he had it replaced and bingo.

It'll definately be injection (either single point or multipoint) and so must have some way of doing the idle stabilisation, but whether this is via an ISV or some other way, I have no idea... :?