sambo-jr

north wales 20vt build :) first try,,,,

Nice job sambo-jr, joby gave me the link to your thread, nice job so far dude, guna be getting a lot wet n cold up your neck of the wood's real soon, need that garage building, lol

im thinking of going down this same engine route with my new corrado, not sure if you have seen the tread on the crashing of my beloved storm and now the need for a more powerful engine for my 1.8 valve’er. Have you used the same original engine mounts on the sub frame or have you had to mod them to fit and the gearbox looks same, is the linkage the same set up?

I work over in traws, if you ever need a hand give me a shout and I will pop over, plus I can get a look at it???

i wrk in dolgellau on the a470 gelli gemlyn, drive a noisy red golf 16v mk3 usually doing bout 80+mph u might spot me in the mornings ha

umm used stadard mounts , using the a3 gearbox i had to widen 2 holes to fit the gearbox bracket (same gearbox as the valver i think just older so u ca use it)

rear mount yes tstandard no modding,, currently on standard valver subframe but im converting it to 5stud widetrack and polybush

thanks,, anytime bud,, nd yes garage needed :(

right gt sum progress today during some dry light

final fitting ,,again :p

[ATTACH=CONFIG]71295[/ATTACH]

bit of nothing to fit :p

[ATTACH=CONFIG]71296[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]71297[/ATTACH]

like a glove :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]71298[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]71299[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]71300[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]71301[/ATTACH]

had a spare cable shifter so im going to create a shifter tower in the cabin mixed with short shift , should be nice toutch if done right , gt few bits of stainless lying about :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]71302[/ATTACH]

i just love the raddos shape so i must have it road going :p tried to go work on it now but rainnn :(

i have gt interior wrk but i need to fit the window seals :/ anyone gt a guide as i not sure were sum go, as their similar sized ha

yea i know what you mean about the seals especialy if you dont have another corrado to go by, the thing to remember is the soft velvety material goes against the window, fit the big floppy rubber one first,

ye i gt the velvety stuff, but fuk its a pain to fit them back, wasnt me who took them off,, not sure if i shud use warm water and soap or not ? :/

HaHa sambo-jr thats a combined speed of 160 mph, i don’t hang about either, kind of why i crashed my storm ;-(

man the roads round your way are well dangerous dude,

i think i have seen a red golf pass me on the traws road at that time, and you’re not alone, i will be doing me engine swop out side too

as my garage if full of motor bikes and other toys. i will keep an eye out for you.

The build's looks good so far mate, keep it going ...

thanks bud

its at a hold atm

curently just trynna get bits cmachined (free **** basecally)

but the tt as well is slowd down fr fixing as my mk3 hit sumones car the other day cause a kid ran out so i aimd fr the car,, nd nt going through insurance so hopin its nt gna cost me hundreads :( as it was only a ****y rover 200 ffs :(

Sorry to hear that sambo, it always happens when you dont need it to dude, them rover 200's are cracking old bloke sunday back seat drivein wife car's, lol

hope its a cheep fix for you?

ai ball ake ha,, umm my car i had the parts ect,, but rear axel bushes have gne nd brakings dodgy so i need the tt ha

rover is bout 300 to fix so not bad :/ just waiting fr him to find sumone to spray the wing nd bumper on the rover sp i can pay