acjmetalman1

replacing drop links

I can't find much in the search about replacing drop links. I had a go at doing it today on my vr. the bottom of the link where it attaches to the wishbone came off fine but the top threaded part of the drop link which screws strait into the end of the ARB has a 17mm nut. I have tried everything I can think of to remove this but it wont budge and now it's rounded off completely!

Has anyone done droplinks before and had trouble removing them? any tips would be very helpfull.

thanks.

ok so I went and bought a blow torch from halfords and heated it up but the nut will not budge. I'm stuck and it's booked in for its re test later today :(

Get the end of the arb as hot as you possibly can, then with a large pair of grips/water pump pliers undo, you may find it will come off easier if you undo then re tighten a little then undo, keep doin this and it will come off. Took me a little while to get my rusty ones off but I got there in the end. Good luck