jamiehamy

Pic of Beetle alloys on rado + will they fit? 205 55 16

Been offered a set of Beetle alloys, the flat looking 6 spoke ones with winter tyres. No idea what they'll look like on the car and can't find anything on google - anyone help?

plus - will they fit on directly or will I need spacers at the back? Think they are ET43,

Thanks all, j

I don't mind them being bigger for winter, esp with the potholes that will appear too, but not sure if they'll fit, esp on rear as seems very tight between strut and tyre even with 195 45 16s...

Tyres are too big for a Corrado, 205/50/16 for the correct diameter..

That's way out. Stock is usually 195/50/15 or 205/50/15 (see here) so using 205/50/16 will make your speedo under-read by 6% or 4.3% respectively.

195/45/16 is much closer - within 2cm of the circumference so your speedo will be within 1% of your true speed depending on which tyres you originally had fitted. Have a play with the visual calculator here and you'll see what I mean.

I would stick to 195 widths to avoid too much arch rubbing, then you can use 50% profile for 15" rims, 45% for 16" rims and 40" for 17" rims. I used 205 and 215s on 17" wheels before swapping to 195/45/16 and it made a huge difference - much lighter steering and less understeer.

Stone