sexybourbon

audio help needed

Iv just bought a new head unit , its a philips cb3000 or something like that .

Its a dab radio

Usb port and aux

Cd player

And im sure it said the power is 4x50 wich i think is ok from what iv seen on others

Now i want to upgrade the speakers and was going to get the vibe slik 5's in the 5.25 for the front but then i started reAding a few old threds and started reading about getting rid of the back speakers and dash speakers and running fancy components in the fronts

Im a complete novice with soeakers and what not so can anyone explain all the basics like components and cross overs in simple terms because my brain will not process it otherwise lol

Im not looking for massive sounds just good sound quality and a bit mire than crackley soeakers

Not sure on prices either i dont want to spend a fortune and iv already got a bull power amp and wiring kit if thats any good

Any help wod be much apreciated

Cheers for the link ill have a proper read when i finish work , im more confused with all the power outputs and channels for amps and watts for subs and what not

Abdul im fine with fabricating anything really and have all the tools and im not sure about budget really

Lets say i do the front doorcards first would 70 quid be enough or would i need more to make it worthwhile

Anyone shed any light for me , im going to buy some speakers tomorrow i do t know weather i can mod the doors to fit a 6 or 6.5 speaker or to just stick with the 5.25

Is there any guides to fitting bigger speakers and i also dont know weather to go for the components or the all in one speakers as i like to call them

Someone throw me a bone please

You would definitely need to build a custom pod or buy some Audioscape pods for anything over 5.25".

If you're going to a certain amount of hassle you may as well get components and up the size. Or just stick with standard size and upgrade the speakers.

I think my main problem is my current speakers are totally ****ed so im not sure wat to expect with sound quality , think ill just stick with standard speaker size and keep it all as it is

Right so iv come home today with a better understanding of audio !! Iv bought some hertz dsk component 2 way speakers , my question is iv got home and realized the guy has given me 5" speakers not 5.25 , will this make a difference

I dont know weather to take them back and get a different speaker as they dont do the hertz mo del in a 5.25

Or will they be as good a sound losing 0.25 inch ??

Iv used skinz sound deadning on the doors and disconnected the dash and rear speakers to allow more power to the good hertz speakers until i fit my amp

Amp is a magnet bull power 432 amp 620w max is this good enough??

Cheers for any help if you have a second

You might find mounting a 5" speaker in the standard pods a bit tricky? Generally the bigger speaker you can fit, the better. If you aren't going with custom or Audioscape pods for some 6.5" speakers, I would at least get 5.25" - no point bodging something to fit really.

Components really aren't that tricky. Door cards off, few bits of dash/under-trays to remove, glovebox out. Mount some 6.5" mids to Audioscape or custom pods. Wire head unit to amp. Wire amp to crossovers. Wire crossovers to mids and tweeters. Mount tweeters in the standard dash locations by windscreen. Hide crossovers. Test everything. Re-fit doorcards, and other bits of trim.