destructiv dave

Help needed - wiring up speakers

Previously had an amp feeding my components but since the amp has been nicked I haven't had music in the car. What is the best value for money solution to sort this?

Could get another cheap amp, but my head unit is 4 x 50 so thinking of powering the components directly off the head unit. For info, components are Focal 6.5's in Audioscape door pods and head unit is a Pioneer (can't remember the model number, but option of one with the touchscreen DVD). Also I do not have the original speaker wiring block and don't want to chop into the head unit wiring.

Previously had an amp feeding my components but since the amp has been nicked I haven't had music in the car. What is the best value for money solution to sort this?

Buy a cheapish amp or run without one i.e. directly off the head unit ... ?

Could get another cheap amp, but my head unit is 4 x 50 so thinking of powering the components directly off the head unit. For info, components are Focal 6.5's in Audioscape door pods and head unit is a Pioneer (can't remember the model number, but option of one with the touchscreen DVD). Also I do not have the original speaker wiring block and don't want to chop into the head unit wiring.

Ah you're one step ahead of me! ;)

So what's the question? :scratch:

So what's the question? :scratch:

Well, when you put it like that... I think I had ideas in my head to solve it and only when writing it down did the options become clear. Now on eBay to find a cheap period amp (Alpine V12). Thanks for the help.