Ed21

Closing my VR6 engine "what's it worth thread"

Ok guys this is ridiculous, lets put this straight.

I may of asked that annoying question: what's something worth??? I've asked it because I wanted the opinion of experienced and well informed people who know the subject better than any Google or EBay search can provide, of course I have a reasonable idea of what vr6 lumps go for but I was just asking so that I might clarify before I advertise at too high or low price, I sell used motorcycle parts all the time so I do know how the used market works, I just wanted advice not an argument.....

Ed.

You asked, you had answers, you had interest in the engine and then the thread was locked.

You can put an advert up for whatever selling price you like FOR FREE.

If you are unhappy with the FREE forum, then perhaps google or ebay are better places to look.

I'm not unhappy with the forum, it is a superb resource of information and the members are some of best informed and helpful I've come across on on any forum. It just annoyed me that the thread had the negative response it got and that I didn't get to thank the guys who provided valued info before it got locked.

Moving.

Negative response? I think the response was virtually all positive.

You will appreciate the exasperation at seeing 'feeler' and 'what's it worth' threads. A lot of the time used by people to post somewhere other than the classifieds to draw more attention to whatever it is they are selling. Or hoping some idiot will offer way over the odds.