Portent

Posible Javascript trojan on the site - JS/Exploit-Blacole.if

After getting into work I took a quick peek on the forum and my work virus checker popped up with a possible trojan alert on the front page:

JS/Exploit-Blacole.if

I didn't get this yesterday.

Thanks for posting up ...

We'll await further reports but I would be surprised if it was a forum issue.

No other reports yet.

It is possible the Trojan was already on your PC and was only activated by visiting the CF (was it the first site you went to when you fired up your browser?).

How it got there is the unknown.

It may have been from the sites that rogue advert was forcing some users to a few days ago. Or it could be from somewhere else totally unrelated.

Either way - the adverts are now text-based so should be safe from any rogues - so the site is clean.

Looks a relatively harmless trojan too - likelyhood your virus checker has nuked it already.

Yes it did happen to be the first site I went to yesterday morning. But through the night I was still randomly getting it on this site only. I guess it could have been there and activated from before but I work for one of the biggest banks in the world and they are pretty s**t hot on malware and viruses. The PC's are pretty well locked down and monitored, with daily virus checker patch updates, etc. Everytime I got it, it was to say that mcafee had detected it and removed it.

I guess it could be a false positive or something that got through from before though. I'm leaning towarfs it being a false positive.

Not sure if this is connected or related to CF but i have suddenly got loads of malware on my comp... adverts popping up all the time. Started when i was on the CF.