timthetinyhorse

Check and advise on parts list (VR6 intake and rocker gaskets)

Going to take the intake mani off the corrado (1993 2.9 VR6) this week in order to change the rocker cover gasket so whilst its off im going to paint/get powder coated the upper and lower intake manifolds therefore im going to need new gaskets and since the paint is getting done new bolts to keep things looking good.

I have gone through the VAGCAT parts catalog and come up with a list of parts and numbers but someone said a while ago that the rocker gasket around this year changed so i was wondering if anyone could shed any light on this and also anything i have forgotten about i.e. do intake mani gaskets need gasket sealer on them.

So the list is as follows;

Rocker cover gasket; 021103483B or 021103483D

Throttle to Upper intake mani gasket; 021133072C

Upper to lower intake mani gasket; 021133227J

Lower main to cylinder head gasket; 021133227H

Throttle to upper intake mani bolts x 4; N 0903151 (hex head) M8x25

Upper manifold to lower bolts x 10; N 0147263 9 (allen head) M8x30

Lower manifold to cylinder head bolt x 10; N 0147263 9 (allen head) M8x30

Washers x 20; N 01155811 8.4x15x1.6

If anything can advise on which rocker cover gasket and also anything i have overlooked i would be very grateful.

Cheers

Rocker cover gasket: ETKA separates them by age so I believe -D is for the (later) plastic rocker cover and -B is for the metal rocker cover. Could be wrong though :)

Gaskets dont need sealant. There are compressible rings within the gaskets. Just make sure the surfaces are absolutely clean and flat.

I think that the throttle body/upper manifold connectors are also socket head screws.

Some of the manifold screws are made rather inaccessible by the slam panel being in the way; a ball-headed allen key is useful for those, and it can be made easier by releasing the front engine mount and jacking the engine up a bit.

Best wishes

RB

Thanks for the advice guys, Off to the dealer tomorrow to place what i imagine to be a fairly expensive order as usual....

Well i have some rather nice tools for accessing hard to get to bolts as when i was made redundant my place of work shut down and i was allowed to keep all of my tools thus i have about 3 full sets :-)