Sign in to follow this  
mog-g60

g60 g-lader explostion need new one

mog,

How many miles did you have on the G-lader before it went?

And what pulley etc did you have on it.

Thanks

103,000 on clock. standard pully. Thing is only got car last month and done 1000miles. also was 20 min after i got it out of the garage (been in for service and all belts changed). just not my day :roll:

Yeah thats pretty bad luck.

Sounds so so similar to how mine could have gone:

I bought mine with 103,000 on clock as well with standard pulley and non rebuilt charger.

Within 500 miles of this I had service - plus all belts then before 104,000 had charger etc all done.

Felt like I was driving a time bomb in those 1000 miles :)

Is it possible they changed belts and didn't sort out timing correctly or something, or changed the belts and somehow did damage to the charger in the process?

Its more than just a coincidence for something like that happen.

Which garage was it? Were they even aware of Corrado's and the G60 in particular?

Yeah all bad luck. I was goin too get the g lader re built next week on the cheap buy my dad £180 for kit. i went to garage i seen mentioned on here. pitstop motor engineering in newcastle.

Darren and Beavis are the guys who will know about this. Is it possible to missalign the charger?

Have you spoken to the garage about this yet?

Or who you bought the car from if you didnt get it from the garage?

Darren and Beavis are the guys who will know about this. Is it possible to missalign the charger?

from reading on this thread im assuming the belts he had changed were the cambelt and serpintine belt i would not think any garage would of changed the charger timing belt .. if they did and didnt time it correctlly this would be the cause of the problem but i very much doubt they changed this belt .... just sounds like very bad luck to me unfortunatly.

here is a list of parts used== oil filter, cam belt tensioner, cam belt, poly belt& v belt== does anyone think the garage is to blame

here is a list of parts used== oil filter, cam belt tensioner, cam belt, poly belt& v belt== does anyone think the garage is to blame

i would say unfortunatly no. just a case or consequense im afraid..

I'm surprised it reached 103,000 miles before blowing.

Mine had done 79,000 when I had it done & even then there was slight scroll damage !!

Mine was on 103,000 as well and apparently it was in not bad shape at all when it was opened for rebuild.