Oldtax

tasteful deletions

did you try fitting the whole mirror or just the small metal piece?

Best bet is to glue on the small piece the mirror clips in to. Leave it for a day to dry and then fit the mirror.

That's what I did with the Loctite kit and it worked fine - may just be too cold right now.

then you'll need the front tow eye!

Great! Ill make sure that I arrange to park nose out when its going to fail on me :thumbleft:

i got rid of the washer jets and arial only small things but makes a lot of difference to the look of the car and a smooth front bumper

IMG_20120829_170553.jpg

HDR2-1.jpg

I notice you didnt take off the door trim. it looks mint.

not that youd care but im surprised u went with those wheels. they seem different in the pics.

ur reg plate is the mustard tho.is that legal? how did u delete so cleanly off the bumper? and can we get a rear shot?

cheers

---------- Post added at 1:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 1:21 AM ----------

also, my rear view mirror doesnt have a small piece that connects to the mirror itself - u have to glue the whole thing on

not that youd care but im surprised u went with those wheels. they seem different in the pics

Same wheels (for info, Sebrings that were fitted to early 1.8 16v's), although in the second shot the centre caps are on.

i got the car with the wheels on and just running them for winter as for the bumper i got another bumper and cut a section out to fit in the recess bonded that in and then gave it a skim of filler over that i have some pictures of the process if your interested in seeing it. the number plate being where it is im not sure but the police haven't said any thing. and yeah ill get a picture of the rear today

yeah no worrys fella

IMG_20120926_111933.jpg

2012-09-26105840.jpg

so that's the bit of bumper cut out next is to bond it in

20120926161610.jpg

then it was sanded down and given a skim of filler

2012-09-27132216.jpg

IMG_20120927_132245.jpg

then its basicly the same for the back bumper

IMG_20120926_112015.jpg

2012-09-28115223.jpg

then all painted up

2012-10-02082901.jpg

2012-10-02105334.jpg

2012-10-02131856.jpg

if you have any other questions id be happy to help

Your car looks lovely :) Did you use a section from another bumper to fill in the rear towing eye or just make it up with sheet?

Pics of what you replaced the washers with and how would be interesting too! I have some fan-spray jets (6E0 955 985 for standard ones, 6E0 955 986 for the heated equivalent) which normally clip into an oblong hole - it looks like I can fit them in the void between the outside of the reinforcement member and the top skin of the bonnet but I think I'll only find out when I start cutting holes :)

Stone

cheers man :-) yeah basicly i just made abit to fit in the whole and bonded it in and skimmed with filler :-)

i don't think i have any pictures of the bonnet but all i did was cut a square out just a bit bigger than the ones left in the bonnet then weld the square from the top grind flat and skim with a little bit of filler then seam sealer the inside :-)

and yeah im just using standard mk4 golf washer jets but inner to make better brackets for them.