Hofmiester

This weekend I did the following on my corrado........

Been collecting parts for a while now since I bought in October, car is good but has a lot of little niggles and had been Pimped by a previous owner. Mookie (who I bought it from) had made a start and de-gangsta-ing it but still lots to do. I am going for the OEM plus look.

Today I remove the horrible aluminium hand break lever, mk2 golf gear on and rather nice but not Original momo steering wheel. I managed to get a good wheel and gearnob from Anton and a handbrake lever from ebay.

I also did a few extra jobs while at it:

Cleaned the wheel and knob with autoglym leather cleaner and gave then two doses of leather cream, looking and feeling great.

While I was there I cleaned and greased the gear selector at the stick and gearbox end. Gears now move like a new car, really worthwhile job ;)

I also removed the steering column cowl and followed David Worts write up on the cleaning and greasing of the indicator and wiper stalks. They now feel much less creaky and smoother.

Realise the screw on the cowl were all missing as the point they screw into have perished, will use some epoxy to make new and re-tap the holes.

Removed the headlamp switch for cleaning and greasing tonight.

Went for a drive....car feels like a better place to be without all that bling!