Stonejag

Drivrr's door handle

I don't know what it is with driver's door handles but they keep failing on me :( Maybe I just keep buying half-dead ones?

Urgently need a new one as I now can't get the door open...preferably working correctly this time!

Cheers,

Nick

got one on ebay at mo in v.good cond't for £25 can do it for a forum member that price posted?

When you say failing...in what way?

There's a 'striker' upgrade kit available on this very forum if that's the part?

I was going to say - might be worth getting the daves16v legendary door handle repair kit rather than keep buying old ones which are just as prone to fail again? :)

When you say failing...in what way?

There's a 'striker' upgrade kit available on this very forum if that's the part?

I have three or four of Dave's strikers, bought my own set but every handle I buy seems to have one on :lol:

Bought the car without a door handle.

1) Bought a handle - gave it to a garage to fit while they did some other stuff - they routed the lock cable wrong so it got mangled in the window mech. Can't replace the cable...

2) Bought another handle, fitted it myself this time! Lasted 5-6 months, then snapped along the two thin bits of the casting between the part with the lock and the bit that pulls out.

3) Bought another handle, fitted fine, now it's gone floppy and some of the rear part has fallen off inside the door. Haven't looked yet (trying to minimise damage to the doorcard fixings so will check when I fit this new one) but I think the hinge pin that holds the striker on may have come adrift.

4) This one- already has an upgraded striker...

2) was my fault (it got jammed and trapped the latch between the open and close positions so couldn't be opened from inside or outside - basically had to pry at it) but the others weren't! I know it's had door striker problems in the past as I've found parts of one in the passenger door but I think I've just been unlucky. I have some A6 doors in the garage so the Audi handles will be going on during my respray next year :) This is just to tide me over - sadly I don't have a full closure alarm yet so can't swap over to delocked Passat handles in the meantime.

Stone