sancho

Corrado running lumpy

HI all

I could really use some imput. My VR6 started to play up yesterday running lumpy and cut out when dropping below 1000rpm i had to keep the revs high just to get it home. I had a look under the bonnet and got it down to ISV as i showed lot of the same symptoms other people complained about, revs lifting and lumpy idol.

I wanted to get it into DG autotech but obviously its not drive-able so today i removed the ISV gave it a good clean out and plumbed it all back in.

Now my problem seems to be 100 times worst. Its over fueling revving up to nearly 3000rpm. I spent most of the day under the bonnet to no avail can anybody give me any pointers? or in the direction of a mobile mechanic as im at whits end with it. :confused:

Ok on the left side of the engine the are three plugs unplugging the middle one seems to help with the issue, i know it sounds barbaric but i need it running i'ts my only car at the moment :(

---------- Post added at 6:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 5:37 PM ----------

Advice needed urgent :( im starting convulse in a pool of my own dribble :(

will do buddy get them up in 10 mins

---------- Post added at 7:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:17 PM ----------

will do ill get them up in 10 Mins :) thank you

---------- Post added at 7:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:19 PM ----------

sorry having a few problems uploading will get it up as soon as i can

Looks like the throttle position sensor- bit different to mine as yours is the earlier version. Worth giving the connector plugs a good clean with some electrical contact cleaner. If that doesn't work, carefully remove the sensor and give it a good clean with carb cleaner. Also worth undoing the big rubber hose where it meets the throttle body and giving the throttle a damn good clean. Wedge the butterfly open with a screwdriver handle or similar and use liberal quantities of carb cleaner with mico fibre cloth and a toothbrush to get it clean. Clean around the edges of the butterfly and also the pivot. Very straightforward. If this doesn't work, try and get it scanned with VAGCOMM and it should tell you if the sensor is cream crackered or not.

you are a gent, thank you, will go back in for round two tomorrow :)

---------- Post added at 8:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 8:12 PM ----------

Will let you know the out come as soon as its done :)