emu

Anybody declared rollcage in insurance ??

Just wondering how insurance company are looking at rollcage's in a car.

I'm using classic car insurance, and before I give them a call just wondering if you have any experience ??

What should I say ?? I cant use a car for racing or track so if I ask if they cover rollcage the question will be more than suspicious. Should I say it will be fitted as a safety device as car has no airbags and is small and it will be helpful in case of crash, or should I say it is a show cage as I like to make my car look different or similar ?? ..... or just not reporting it and hope for the best :D

whatever you do, don't go for not reporting it!

is it a show cage or approved? bolted or welded?

Got to agree with baz i declared everything even telling them i swapped between two set's of wheel's best way if you don't and you have to make a claim they may not pay out.:brickwall:

Just wondering how insurance company are looking at rollcage's in a car.

I'm using classic car insurance, and before I give them a call just wondering if you have any experience ??

What should I say ?? I cant use a car for racing or track so if I ask if they cover rollcage the question will be more than suspicious. Should I say it will be fitted as a safety device as car has no airbags and is small and it will be helpful in case of crash, or should I say it is a show cage as I like to make my car look different or similar ?? ..... or just not reporting it and hope for the best :D

Obviously it depends on who you are with (or even which Underwriter a broker may have you through), but Roll cages are not usually a problem through ourselves as we can cover most modifications on Classic policies.

Obviously it depends on who you are with (or even which Underwriter a broker may have you through), but Roll cages are not usually a problem through ourselves as we can cover most modifications on Classic policies.

Thanks for that, my policy runs out in March, I'll be giving you a call then.