Rumpsteak94

Wiring Up HID's

Hi Lads,

My corrado come with a HID Conversion already 'Done'.

They have gone off for around the past 2 weeks, i was wondering if it was worth the try to remove them, then refit them. on the left head light it has a plug connected and then connected to the ballist which is then earthed to the Power Steering Fluid Bracket.

But isnt no plug is wired up on the drivers headlight. but they still worked. any guides on here to wire them up properly.

Cheers

Aid

Your Rado may have a different style of HID setup but here is the diagram of mine http://www.carhidkits.com/myfiles/image/Offroad/relay_installguide.jpg basically they take the power from just one of the old headlight plugs and use that as a signal to switch on a relay which sends power to the HID ballasts and HID bulbs if you need anymore help give me a shout :)

If they're mounted in the standard headlights, they're illegal to use on the road and will fail your MOT. Even if you fit them into housings with the correct lenses, you also need a self-levelling system and headlight washers to meet the rules.

Ditch them and fit better bulbs and/or an uprated loom instead. Or you could go for the in.pro projector headlights.

Stone