maff

Back in a vr6.. Well two of em!

Hi all, I've been a member on here since 2008. I first owned a corrado vr6 when I was around 23, 36 now! And had my second one about 3 years ago and sold it to a member in here. I've had scoobys, s4's, golfs and lots more and currently have owned for three years a remapped 330d e46 sport running 245bhp and 370lbft as my workhorse, she's doing 44.8 average mpg.

Anyhow I have just purchased edds corrado from here on the forum, it's had the engine fully rebuilt by stealth racing including a rebore to accept the mahle pistons( rolling roaded at 198bhp with a tight engine) and sits on koni adjustables with h and r springs, it's what I always wanted to do to mine! And I've also bought another vr which is in need of a bit of cosmetic work as the bonnet cable has snapped, but ill be starting work in this ASAP.

Of all the cars of owned the vr was a great drivers car as far as i can remember with lots of steering feel and I can't wait to get driving one again!

Ps I need to find and source the three coolant sensors that slide into the front water housing if anybody can help me? I think one is blue and the other yellow and maybe a brown one, oh and the one I'm talking about which I'm doing up is a k reg not the stealth build, oh and merry Christmas!

Edited by maff

Welcome back to what is a pretty exclusive club these days. I keep coming back to the Corrado, no matter what else I own! I think the only coupe more appealing to me is the Porker 993..on my fifth C now! Your latest car sounds lovely, a keeper..

Thanks, it's in need of a bit of bodywork but its had everything done to it that I dreamed of doing to mine, uprated headlight loom, lull wipers and suspension and the stealth rebuild just sells it for me:-)

I saw a vr the other day and they definatly have a timeless shape, have really missed not owning one!

Pick it up on the 27th, can't wait!

The blue/yellow and a n other colour sensors should still be available from VW - Might be worth changing the thermostat as well whilst in that area?

Ian.

I'm pretty much exactly the same as you mate, had two corrados when I was 21-24 and then just bought another now that I'm 35. This time it was the exact spec I always wanted. Blackberry vr6 with black leather.

You can do all sensors, thermostat and all housing parts for less than £100, I just bought everything and will be doing in new year. Most parts came from AVS and the rest from VW

I'm pretty much exactly the same as you mate, had two corrados when I was 21-24 and then just bought another now that I'm 35. This time it was the exact spec I always wanted. Blackberry vr6 with black leather.

You can do all sensors, thermostat and all housing parts for less than £100, I just bought everything and will be doing in new year. Most parts came from AVS and the rest from VW

Top help;-), just what I was after, but the project corrado I've purchased has 192,000 on the clock, but had the chains/tensioners and head repaired at 186,000 due to a coolant leak, fingers crossed she'll run nice when warm! It fired straight up after being sitting for a year though!:-) The stealth build on the hand has only done 75,000 on the full mahle piston rebuild.

And hofmeister, blackberry is a nice colour, my mates dad had a violet pearl effect with grey heated leather years ago which made me get my first vr6... Till this date the fastest I've been in a car on a private track, 158mph:-D

Edited by maff