james153

Heated Seat Looms - £25-£30

Hello all, I have recently crafted myself a heated seat loom. If anyone needs one, I can knock these up for a small fee. These looms will match the original ones in size and compatibility however, due to price and availability restrictions looms wont have VW loom plugs. but will still have connections and instructions for fitting.

Ill also print out some wiring diagrams to help a smooth hassle free installation.

Depending on how many people want them, the price will be £25-£30.

As the materials need to be brought in bulk I need at least 5 people after one to make them affordable.

If anyone's interested just pop a post on here and we shall take it from there.

Thanks, James

Please note the picture in the loom doesn't yet have the connectors on the end of some of the wires. just to give you an idea of what it looks like.

Edited by james153

Unfortunately not :( I have looked far and wide for these but they seem to be quite illusive. I can get them from VW but they are rather pricey.

Sorry about that :(

Thanks, James

I found that ARZ in germany sell most of the parts needed for the heated seats

69 euros for the dash switch http://www.arz-tuning.de/shop/product_info.php/info/p2229_Heated-Seat-Switch--Driver-Pass--Side----New-Style-Int----Corrad.html

loom is 125 euros

http://www.arz-tuning.de/shop/product_info.php/info/p7690_Heated-Seats-Wiring-Harness---VW-Corrado.html

Relays are 72 euros each

http://www.arz-tuning.de/shop/product_info.php/info/p7905_Control-Unit-Relay-for-Heated-Seats---fits-a-wide-variety-of-VW-and-Audi-models.html

So James's loom is a saving but surely there must be another type of relay that can be used. What is so special about the VW ones?

Yes I also had a look at ARZ tuning last night, for all the bits, and by the time you add postage its well over 400 euro`s. So I would be interested in the loom, now have to look for the rest of the bits :?

Thanks for the interest guys, I've done a measure up and a mock up today, if 3 people are interested at £30 I can make them up.

As for the relays I've put some feelers out for having them made, don't know what sort of price this will come out at so no holding of breath please. :)

So if anybody's interested in the looms we can set the wheels in motion.

Ta

James

The connectors are the same on a Passat 35i as on the Corrados Recaro... :)

The same with the pre facelift dash switch. The same on Passat as Corrado.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/a777ovl/volksdevil/CorradoEarlyHeatedSeatSwitch2.jpg

And the relays can be found anywhere, 59 is the number.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v108/smokinjoe644/relays.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v152/Wolfsburg/IMG_8667.jpg

I want one please! :)

Please check postage to Sweden!

Edited by Wompa

Thanks for all the interest guys, I have ordered two prototypes for the relays/module. if they are all good on testing when they get here ill be able to supply the relays separately and cheaper when brought with the loom.

Price will likely be £25 each and £75 for two relays and full loom.

So please register interest so I know how many to get ordered.

Postage to Sweden will be fine, around £10 should cover it.

Thanks

James

Well I'd be up for a full loom plus relays

Good man, talk a couple of your mates into it and it wont be long. ill put some feelers out on a few golf forums and ebay to speed the process up. If you know anyone who's interested it would be much appreciated.

Ta

James

Hello again everyone, The looms are now being made, so anyone who is interested contact me for payment details and they will be shipped early next week.

As for the relays, they are being sourced currently, When they are ready anyone who has brought a loom will receive the discount that should be applied for the whole kit.

Thanks for your interest guys.

James

Any joy on sourcing the relays yet, once you have them PM me and I'll have the loom/relays in one hit.

nice work mate, your about a year too late for me as I made some myself. I seem to remember that there were several wiring diagrams (early/late and some variations other than those) so might be worth confirming what people need first?

Im up for a set , if the relays are Bosch ones, I can get v v good prices on bosch stuff.........

now whos got some heat mats .........

nice work mate, your about a year too late for me as I made some myself. I seem to remember that there were several wiring diagrams (early/late and some variations other than those) so might be worth confirming what people need first?

Cheers for the heads up, I have several diagrams from different years so hopefully shouldn't be a problem, but I will need to know what year peoples cars are from, yes.

Ta

Hi again,

I have one complete set up of the heated seat loom, with the relays here that is available should anyone want it...

£75 posted with full fitting instructions.

Hi again,

I have one complete set up of the heated seat loom, with the relays here that is available should anyone want it...

£75 posted with full fitting instructions.

Hi James,

Is this the complete loom, the part that goes to the seats with relays and also the switch, or is it just the lower section for seats and relays?

Have you got one fully working in a car yet?

Cheers

Ron

Hi James,

Is this the complete loom, the part that goes to the seats with relays and also the switch, or is it just the lower section for seats and relays?

Have you got one fully working in a car yet?

Cheers

Ron

Hi there, yeah this will do the whole thing. all you need is a late rado switch and some seats, just let me know what seats so I can check the compatibility.

I have had it working in my car with mk3 golf seats in.

Thanks

James

Hi there, yeah this will do the whole thing. all you need is a late rado switch and some seats, just let me know what seats so I can check the compatibility.

Thanks

James

OK cool, sounds good although having read up on the install at the fuse box I am now a little scared. I used to be an electricians apprentice and have an NVQ2 in electrical engineering but it looks like a right mess in there when looking at other peoples photos. Are your instructions including plenty of pics?

I'm not sure what seats I have, all I know is they are late spec (post 92) with the heated seat elements. Do you need me to take a picture of the connectors underneath?

Cheers

Ron

OK cool, sounds good although having read up on the install at the fuse box I am now a little scared. I used to be an electricians apprentice and have an NVQ2 in electrical engineering but it looks like a right mess in there when looking at other peoples photos. Are your instructions including plenty of pics?

I'm not sure what seats I have, all I know is they are late spec (post 92) with the heated seat elements. Do you need me to take a picture of the connectors underneath?

Cheers

Ron

Hi, yeah the back of the fuse board is a mess, but I can include loads of photos an diagrams, so shouldn't be a problem for anyone let alone someone with electrical experience.

Yeah if you could send me the connector pictures it would just double check and make sure everything is the same. All heated seat elements are in principle the same so hopefully no problem there.

Cheers

James

Hi James,

PM sent, now have the swicth and relays so ready to take the plunge with your loom design. Hopefully it all goes well, others will also go for it :)

I guess the instructions are the key!

Pics of connectors, was hard to get good ones.

ubama3u6.jpg

pu4ezy9y.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 9:29 PM ----------

Also pics of switch pins and really base and circuit diagram.

dy7uzety.jpg

uqegyzez.jpg

a9a7u4u6.jpg

7y5ysy5a.jpg