drewster1001

Heated leather seats

Good afternoon all.....

I'm slowly trying to make good the problems with my new Storm.

I've managed to sort a few things out, but before I start with the seats, could do with finding out a few things.

- Should the heated seat dials light up at all?

- First off should I take seats out and check for any breaks in the heater element that runs through the seat.

- If there are breaks, what is best for making good the element?

Sorry if this subject has been battered to death, but I'm fairly new to the forum.

Thanks for any help,

Drew

Good afternoon all.....

I'm slowly trying to make good the problems with my new Storm.

I've managed to sort a few things out, but before I start with the seats, could do with finding out a few things.

- Should the heated seat dials light up at all?

- First off should I take seats out and check for any breaks in the heater element that runs through the seat.

- If there are breaks, what is best for making good the element?

Sorry if this subject has been battered to death, but I'm fairly new to the forum.

Thanks for any help,

Drew

Hi

I have been looking into a fault with my drivers side heated seat.

1st thing i would check is can you hear the relay clicking when you move either switch on the dash? You should hear a click come from behind the rear passenger door card for both sides (as they have separate relays) as you dial the switch on & off

This should at least give you an idea if the problem is with the loom from dash to relays or from relays to seat/s or the seat element themselves.

My issue seems to be that the drivers side relay is buzzing & thus i think it may be an issue with the power in feed on drivers side :s - however saying that it worked on a random test last week & i had a warm bum after a few mins.....grrrrr! lol

My issue seems to be that the drivers side relay is buzzing & thus i think it may be an issue with the power in feed on drivers side :s - however saying that it worked on a random test last week & i had a warm bum after a few mins.....grrrrr! lol

I had the same problem and its a break on the little thermo connector on the seat base bit of solder and jobs a good un

As for the OP

1. Yes the heated seat dial should have a green light in the middle

2. whats the actual problem with the seats?

I had the same problem and its a break on the little thermo connector on the seat base bit of solder and jobs a good un

As for the OP

1. Yes the heated seat dial should have a green light in the middle

2. whats the actual problem with the seats?

Seats don't have any heat to either side, light on dial doesn't appear to be on....

Cold bum for winter then!!

---------- Post added at 10:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 AM ----------

Hi

I have been looking into a fault with my drivers side heated seat.

1st thing i would check is can you hear the relay clicking when you move either switch on the dash? You should hear a click come from behind the rear passenger door card for both sides (as they have separate relays) as you dial the switch on & off

This should at least give you an idea if the problem is with the loom from dash to relays or from relays to seat/s or the seat element themselves.

Thanks for reply.

Can't say I've noticed a click when I try seats. I'll be really p!ssed if I need to strip door cards again. I've just had all the interior out for my moonroof mission!!

Will do a bit more exploratory works this weekend