sexybourbon

febi parts vs lenforder parts

Im hopefully going to be replacing some suspension components along with my new coilovers and remember when i got my car done at dg autotech dave who mapped my car said that anything febi was usually a good part to use

I also have a friend at ECP who says lenforder are good aswell

Does anyone have any prefrences or used parts before

I know people are going to say use dealer parts but i just cant justify them

Also what would your tipical suspension and steering overhaul consist of

Cheers in advance

Some febi branded bits are pretty ropey, lemforder appear to be genuine oem parts, at least the 80 quid wishbones seem to be.

I've just bought some oem Lemforder top mounts of a seller on eBay, only cost just over £25.

Ahh well thats made life a bit easier then i was waiting for the dealear oarts or no parts answer coming in

Well pages do the febi parts and my mate works at euro car parts and they do lemforder parts wich is even better , hopefully they will come with a bit of discount lol

Wat things are going to need changing up to now iv asked for prices on

Front ball joints

Track rod ends

Anti roll bar bushes

Top mounts

Full wish bone bush set

Rear beam bushes

And iv asked for wheel bearings but mine ate fine so in not really in a hurry to do those

there's plenty of threads on refurbing the suspension and chassis components, it depends how far you want to go, track rods with inner joints shold be checked as they eventually get play in them, what are your engine mounts like?

Edited by davidwort

Ill have a look david i was more after a parts list more than anything but ill have a look and see whats what with it

The engine mounts are fine there from renshaws group buy so there all new reall the only one i didnt replace is the gearbox mount , i priced one of those up from the dealers and im sure it was around the 80 pound mark for a single bush / mount

Cheers glosterox , i know this sounds daft but im guessing that the mk2 mount fits and is the same as a corrado ? And not that you have a mk2 golf haha !