Hofmiester

Help with accelerator pedal stop fitting?

Hi guys,

When I bought my car, it was missing the plastic stopper behind the accelerator pedal.

The previous owner had a problem with the throttle body and replaced it and I suspect having the stop missing caused that as it put too much pressure on the throttle body assembly when mashing the accelerator pedal.

So to stop damage to the new throttle body, I set about replacing the stop and managed to source one from Vee Dubs in Gateshead.

atu6e4az.jpg

yba6etuh.jpg

The problem is that when I went to fit it, there is no threaded hole in the floor. There are two smaller holes that had self tappers screwed into them.

You can't see it too well in the pic below but basically there are two holes here, neither is big enough for the stopper.

jy3emamy.jpg

How the hell should this fit? :)

I know mine just screwed in, but might of been something in the floor already, i could find out over the weekend.

i remember that the plastic kick plate had to go in first, but the stop didn't screw into that iirc just went through it

I wonder if there is supposed to be a bracket unr the carpet that has a threaded hole for the stopper but is attached to the floor with 2 self tapping screws?

The other thing that baffles me is WTF would someone want to remove it in the first place!

There should be a small metal plate that attaches with the two screws. Part number 192721531, simply called 'threaded plate'. Should be cheap as chips if still available from VW :)

If you want I can get you some pics of what way the stud on my floor is set up as I have my dash out at the minute.

If you want I can get you some pics of what way the stud on my floor is set up as I have my dash out at the minute.

That would be awesome as the part is obsolete and so I'm probably goign to have to make one myself unless someone is breaking a corrado and has it.

Either way a photo will help me big style

Ah ha!

Cool, not at all what I expected it to be like!

I was going to contact you tonight about that trim panel, I'll take it but I just needed to hold off as I've bought so many parts lately without thinking that I've maxed out the card connected to my paypal ;)

All sorted now. Do you by any chance want to sell me this bracket? Save me the hassle of trying to make one!

Cheers

Ron

£4 including the screws? Yeah I've still got the trim panel as well, Im happy to send you out the bits you need and you can pay me once you have the money buddy. Let me know.

Rob.

£4 including the screws? Yeah I've still got the trim panel as well, Im happy to send you out the bits you need and you can pay me once you have the money buddy. Let me know.

Rob.

Hi Rob, no problem have money sorted again now but man....I hope this car stops needing money soon :(

It is funny as when I bought it, I just didn't see all these goofy little bits that were broken or missing....bought with my heart and not my head like a fool.

I'll pm in a sec

No probs mate. It's the same with any car this age, there will always be something that will need doing, but keeping on top of all the small jobs usually helps out in the long run. Speak shortly bud. :)

It is in at the garage I use tomorrow (MB motorsport) having the thermostat and all the housings replaced, plus the top elbow on the radiator. Will also be raising it slightly (15mm) or so as Mookie liked it too "gangsta" for my liking :)

Fingers crossed they don't find any other surprises for me