dil

Failed to hold idle -vr6

Cars been good as gold since I got her a month or so ago, but today did some spirited driving about 20 miles, parked up couldn't have been away from the car for more than 5 mins, went to restart, fired up fine but then died.

Did this 5 or 6 times even after holding idle using the accelerator, plus the occasional misfire.

Decide to drive modulating the clutch and accelerator so as not to let the revs fall to low, after about 10 mins everything was back to normal.

Now the only thing I have done different is fill her up at tesco's. Could this be the cause a bit of bad fuel or is something else going on?

Cheers

Sound very similar to when my MAF went - difficult to start but once warmed up was fine, seem to recall the MAF is less critical once the engine is warmed up and running?

There's a Bosch MAF in the below sale thread....

http://www.the-corrado.net/showthread.php?78761-Lots-of-parts-Wheels-recaros-oily-bits-etc

Edited by pbradley98

This happened when warm, engine was only shut down for a couple of minutes .

Could of been some kind if air lock in the fuel lines.

No issues today, lets hope it's. one off

Hate to say it but sounds very familiar to the MAF - started to drive to the shops fine, in shops for 10 mins then took ten mins of trying to start it! Next day was fine again, but then played up a few days later again.

Hopefully not the case and that it was just a random blip for you....

I recall seeing that moisture in the MAF connector let in by an ill-fitting seal can be problematic. Good spray of WD40, maybe?