pbradley98

Playing in the snow!

Anyone else have fun playing in the snow today? Couldn't resist driving home along the back roads to finally give my winter tyres a good test which was great fun! On the ungritted roads round here there were some pretty slippy patches that you could easily spin the fronts on with a gentle nudge on the throttle, but the tyres pulled it straight back into line if it started to wander round corners.....

Sadly no more snow forecast for us this week tho :(

errr yes.... just picked my new car up from the vw dealer... it's was fun getting home...... she's candy white.... so now called snowy :)

I can highly recommend NOT playing in the snow, earlier I found out too late that my road has turned into solid ice with a sprinkling of snow on top! ABSed sideways all the way down the hill until I stopped it with an RX-8 :(

Luckily I was only doing 10mph (I knew it was slippery, just not as bad as it was) so I need a 2" dent pulling out of one wing and the other guy needs some plastic bumper bits. Could have been far worse. Please drive safely! I've already seen one badly mangled Mk3 Golf and a brand new hatchback beemer and it's only been snowing a couple of hours :shaking:

Stone

That's not good Stonejag, could have been worse though!

I've been out playing too, it's not a Corrado anymore but it's still a VR derivative and very capable with winter tyres fitted. Not exactly deep snow though although I managed to find some snowdrifts up on an exposed ridge nearby :-)

file.jpg

file-1.jpg

I cannot recommend winter tyres enough, I've ran them for 3 winters now and they're just awesome!

Edited by Purple Tom

i also have kept the VR off the road today and now she has a nice snowy jacket!! the main reason for this is due to my location and the lack of traffic keeping the snow from settling on the road! but that hasn't stopped my from going out to play in my MK3 golf tdi with a full set of semi off road tyres which make alot of fun specially around the 4x4's they look at you and wonder how you are getting round so well specially when you go past them!!!!

Sorry to hear that stone - hope it's not too painful to get sorted.

Was more careful today but still really impressed with winter tyres - much more grip than I think I'd have had with my toyo t1r's...

Edited by pbradley98

Not a Corrado, sorry.. but here's the daily steed after some clowns at work put a small snowman on the roof and then decided to pack a snowdrift up to my door. Not sure what that was about...

424127_10151184712021816_2125977079_n.jpg

Mysteriously when I came back to the car later, some anonymous wellwisher had cleared the snowdrift and got rid of the snowman. And I know it was none of my mates who did that... baffling!

pbradley98 we have snow forecast for the next 5 days now. Not seen you around Peterborough before either have you not long had your corrado??

pbradley98 we have snow forecast for the next 5 days now. Not seen you around Peterborough before either have you not long had your corrado??

Yep - have to say I love the snow! Original post was on Mon when the forecast on my phone was that we wouldn't get any more this week.....

Have had the Corrado since 2005 when I moved up here! Initially was my daily when lived in Hampton for the first year I was here then moved to Fletton in 2006 where the car was just street parked most days, as used to cycle into work so only took the C out at weekends.... Have recently moved to Oundle so back to using it as my daily and loving it (except for the sunroof which I now need to fix after it's finally gone after 151k!)

Think we have a mutual friend in Quicky1980......

Really surprised I havnt seen you around!! I used to live in fletton and Yaxley and have always used the corrado as my daily. Now live in Stamford but always in Peterborough as I work in lynchwood. Yeah I know Sam quite well...we are arranging a Peterborough meet in may so will keep you updated on that :-)

Just a light warning with snow. if parked up in public or road. Kids walking past snow balling each other scratched my paint work loads on the roof once whilst gathering it up.

Im sure we've all done it before, but there go.

I had to break out the rado in the snow, here's mine and the boy at a secret sledging spot!

image_zps4781ddde.jpg

Really surprised I havnt seen you around!! I used to live in fletton and Yaxley and have always used the corrado as my daily. Now live in Stamford but always in Peterborough as I work in lynchwood. Yeah I know Sam quite well...we are arranging a Peterborough meet in may so will keep you updated on that :-)

Did you ever used to park on manor avenue in fletton? Used to see a white corrado parked there a couple of years back.

Went to the meet at sub11 either last year or the year before, so would be good to make it again if I can, although will have just had our second baby so will be a maybe until the day itself!

Not too sure where manor avenue is, used to live down queens walk next to the italian shop.

Ahh i think i remember seeing your rado at the sub 11 meet, i was parked right outside sub11 next to another rado. We are arranging another meet this year on May 11th, cant release any more details yet as its all in the planning stage but its going to be bigger than the sub11 meet!!!

Only ever seen one in the boro and that's a red one on oundel road just down from the traffic lights

He still has that one I believe but no longer lives there. He is on here but can't remember his username. There's also an older bloke with a green vr6 in Peterborough and a mate from pboro has just brought a mulberry one. There's a couple in Stamford where I now live just outside pboro. Becoming common now :-(

Swampy are you local then?

Um... Mine went nowhere in the snow, couldn't get it up the drive if I'd tried!

419e83f5db880647831bf9fabea36cf2.jpg

I'd get the snow of that Cabbage palm, they dont like it :mrgreen: