timthetinyhorse

Vr6 oil capacity

Hi,

Just checking something,

I had a look in the bentley manual at oil capacity for when I change the oil and it lists 5L without oil filter and 6L with oil filter, is this correct also for the 2.9 as the manual is for the AAA engine code......

Also what oil do people use??

from memory it's just over 5 litres but not 6 litres...

standard VR engine quantum synta semi synth... 10w40. vwspares sell it.

http://www.vwspares.co.uk/corrado_filters.php

I've used Castrol gtx in the past when it was on offer at asda :) but I don't do too many miles in my car between oil changes.

it was back on offer at asda last week 4litres @ £12

Edited by delfinis38

Ok thanks for the info, is the oil available from the dealer or is it cheaper elsware??

---------- Post added at 5:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 5:19 PM ----------

Looking at euro car parts for oil at the moment......10w40 but there are a few choices, are expensive oils worth the cash??

I get mine from opie oils. Used the fuchs titan stuff for a few years now. Its about £15 for 5l. I tried expensive stuff for a while but couldn't justify the cost as mine seems to use quite a bit of oil.

Infact i lie, the manual says 6 litres with filter change. Though ive never put 6 litres in with a filter change, i always end up with about half a litre left from 6 litres.

from experience its definitely around the 5.5L mark & its good advice regarding put about 5 in & then check levels until correct

If you are unsure what oil is best then you can send your car spec etc to oilman from opie (on this forum) & he will recommend one for you....which is exactly what i did ;)

also, he wrote a very detailed post on here about the differences between synthetic & mineral oils - which is well worth a read