Richmassey

Vr6 engine into 8v corrado

Hi new to the forum so my first post. Question for you all, I am thinking of buying my sons 8v corrado of him as a long term project I usually do motorcycles but fancied a classic car to restore, I am a multiskilled engineer so I can do any kind of work and would like to put a vr6 engine and gearbox in the car if I buy it its a 93 model so 1) will it fit and 2) what else will I need to change. Cheers Rich

Yes it will fit, but you'll need to change the sub frame, cross member, radiator panel and the slam panel.

I think I'm right in thinking that the hub's will have to be changed for the uprated brakes.

So pretty much everything under the bonnet needs swapping.

There are more knowledgeable folk on here who will be able to tell you specifics, but you get the impression.

yea unless you got all the vr6 running gear all spare anyway , i would also say its not worth it , simply because of the price of vr6's right now you can get tidey ones for like £1500! , by the time you brought a vr engine+box +wireing +subframe +mounts and all the little bits inbetween you could have sold the 8v and put that money on top of the sale and easily of brought a vr6 with no extra hassle..