dubkicks

kr turbo build

Got me a VR6 ccm gearbox off the bay, winning bid of £50 result! Considering there going for around £200. ripped up to Bristol yesterday to collect it. Had a 16v box that was in my car before i done the turbo conversion with the 20vt box which is still hanging in there crunching away in 3rd. So the 16v box is going to get ripped to bits and donate its bellhousing to the VR6 box, i am then going to get the VR box rebuilt with a LSD. Anyone know the best Diff to go for??? Quaife , Peliquin , Wavetec or any others. Dont really want to spend mega bucks on one though, around £500 if thats possible.

Anyone know the best Diff to go for??? Quaife , Peliquin , Wavetec or any others. Dont really want to spend mega bucks on one though, around £500 if thats possible.

Not sure which is best of those three, but have never heard anything bad about Quaife. Also, TSR may be doing 10% off, with more available if a group buy takes off on ClubGTI: http://www.clubgti.com/showthread.php?188326-Quaife-differentials-10-discount&p=2247125#post2247125

Cheers Dave thats spot on info, looks like i will be giving TSR a bell then. I have used them a lot before, they bore and balanced my Kr block and supplyed me the wossner pistons for my KR turbo build. May be able to screw them down a touch more? Haa haa.

Cheers Kev.