Sign in to follow this  
clivecorrado

G60 - How can I test the hall sender???

Still not got my G60 running. :cry: I've replaced the ignition coil and there's still no spark. The engine turns over but just doesn't fire up. There's 12v going to the coil, however, only 6 going to the hall sender (three wires on right hand side of dissy). Is this correct or should it be 12???

Reading other posts on the forum, everything seems to be pointing at the hall sender or the ignition switch.

How can I test the hall sender???

You should get 10 V minimum with the ignition switched on. If your wiring is OK, then it could be the Digifant ECU.

Tempest

You could get another dissy and connect it to the lead. Spin it by hand and you should get sparks from the king lead if you hold it near an earth. USING SOMETHING WELL INSULATED.

A dissy from a digifant GTI would do the job perfectly. You could fit it as a replacement if yours turns out to be duff.

I did see a way of using an lED somewhere might have been on this forum but not sure.

Gavin

H100VW, - you were right about the G60 distributors Gav. Guy at local VW dealers was wrong when he told me there were 2 different types - I just got off the phone with my m8 at VWUK. He says the same as you - they're all the same. :wink: