Sign in to follow this  
G60 Corrado

G60 oil pressure

Ok i have an interesting problem whit my g60.When driving normally my car seems to be working just fine, but when driving fast and reving it to the redline my oil preassure light starts warning about oil preassure and when i stop the engine and start it again it starts working just fine untill i rev it to the redline again.......So i would be thankfull if someone could help me out where do i start searching the fault???

Welcome to the forum m8 8)

I'm assuming that you've checked the oil level - i.e.there is enough oil in the car ??

Also make sure when checking the oil that the plastic sleve is still on the dip stick as it meets the block, i think mine orange. As if this is missing you will be getting an incorrect reading and could be risking damage to your engine.

it's also worth checking the wires onto the sensors and thinking about changing the 2 oil pressure switches... it could just be that you've got a dodgy switch or wiring connector (either on the oil filter head, or the side of the head where the oil line to the 'charger comes from) which could be failing due to the high vibrations at redline. The switches are cheap (less than £20 for the pair) and a doddle to change over... 8)

Look for the cheap solutions first, then, if they don't solve it, think about a new oil pump... 8)

the sensors are a big problem causer but what id do is put a pressure gauige in and see whats what. a cheapo gauge is like 20 quid. put that in and watch for low levels.

you wanna see

cold start 60-80psi dependant on ambient temps

when warm 10-20psi

over 2krpm you wanna see 30psi or there abouts and it rises from there. up top i probly see around 50-60psi when warm not that a sensor should effect this. if the pump is failing then you could be in for trouble. this happened to me around 2 yrs ago. the gauge will soon tell you if you got a problem or a "loud" warning system.

there 2 sensors . 2 bar and 0.4 bar. if its coming on over 2k then its the 2 bar if its a idle issue then its the 0.4 bout 7 quid each from the stealer

it's also worth checking the wires onto the sensors and thinking about changing the 2 oil pressure switches... it could just be that you've got a dodgy switch or wiring connector (either on the oil filter head, or the side of the head where the oil line to the 'charger comes from) which could be failing due to the high vibrations at redline. The switches are cheap (less than £20 for the pair) and a doddle to change over... 8)

Look for the cheap solutions first, then, if they don't solve it, think about a new oil pump... 8)

I'm with Henny on this one. Had the same problem shortly after I got my G60 and Henny helped me (well actually sorted it himself) sort it. Sound similar to what was happening to mine. Turned out to be a faulty sender switch and was sorted after I changed 3 in total. 8)

Well i did cheak the oil level and yes that orange top of oil stick is missing but there was enough oil.Today i had problems whit lower rpm´s too and i listened the engine sound and it didnt chanche when that light went on so my guess is that it´s the sensor and i thought about chanching it to a new one just to see if that helps :roll:

for the £20 the two oil pressure switches will cost you, and the 10 minutes to change them both, can you really afford not to change them to be sure that it's a sensor problem and not a real oil pressure problem?!?

At least if changing the switches doesn't work, then you know that there's a real problem and you can go about finding it and solving it properly before you totally kill your engine... :shock:

Ok i changed both preassure switches and measured the oil preassure from oil filter it was bit over 1.5bar and from cylinderhead it was around 2.0bar, but the light still goes on and now it is around 2500 rpm´s.Oh and i allso measured the charger preassure and it was highest at 1.3 bar is it normal to me it seems bit high??? :roll: :roll:

the exsact same thing is happening 2 me im guna change the switches again 2 c if that helps if not then well who nows ...

all my presure checks are ok 2 ......its a funny prob this one .... :?: :?: :?: :?: :? :?

Well for me those sensor chanches didnt help.... and now when i start the engine that damn light shines brighter than ever, i did measure the oil preassure and they are all gone..... :cry: