efil4sbuD

Fixed my light throttle engine power problems!

I have finally fixed my running problems!

For the last two years my poor VR has been steadily running worse and worse. It would feel like it's running on 3 cylinders and loses power on very light throttle. There was no problem at faster speeds or high revs, just between 12-1800 revs.

After changing all kinds of sensors, MAF, air filter, coilpack and cleaning the throttle, there was just one thing left to do - and probably the easiest - the fuel filter.

With hindsight I think that's where I should have started but I found a broken knock sensor on the engine and some coked up air intakes and I was convinced that when the problem occurs the spark timing was out due to the broken sensor and the fuel was burning before the valves were sealed causing the coked inlets. I just stopped looking outside of the engine for the problem. I only changed the filter because I felt it had been sitting in my shed for long enough.

By the way, I think the filter I removed was the original! It had done 15 years without fuss.

Edited by efil4sbuD