Michael'durham'

Headlamp drivers side needed and fog :(

Not having great luck, a stone has damaged my front O/S headlamp, it's holed

Is it best just to replace it or are there any good glass resins?

Has anyone got one spare of either lights, my cars a 2.0 1995? Have they changed spec on the later cars?

As the late spec fogs are seemingly rare, has anyone had experience with ordering and doing theDIY on the fog? Advice welcomed

See link

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?2541662-DIY-The-Corrado-Fog-Light-Repair-Guide

Also while I'm on, what bulbs are best for good white solid light, while I'm messing I might as well replace them. Are there any plug in and go bulbs for headlights and fogs? Can the rears be upgraded?j

Thanks in advance.

Wow, that's mint news, I'm getting car on ramps as I've only just bought it, so after the ALL CLEAR, I'm gonna spoil it rotten.

Where are the lenses available, as I've looked a bit? Have you upgraded bulbs?

Hopefully these are the right ones, ordered a set of these to go in mine?:http://www.amazon.co.uk/Osram-64193NBP-Night-Breaker-Headlight/dp/B003Y7FKTC/ref=sr_1_5?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1360071011&sr=1-5

Ian.

Thx Ian, they look canni. Amazon sell everything these days, certainly have there fingers in a few pies...

When do they arrive,?

Youll have to let me know what they ste like.

I thimk i need this hole filling in or a certainly a new glass or plastic lens before a bulb.

I'm wishing to keep my car looking pretty original but improving with a few bulbs woulnt harm,

You can replace headlight lenses separately... fogs should still be available new as far as I know!

Right I've had a good look on google etc, and haven't had any luck finding either full lights or replacement lenses?.

Would you be so kind and point me in the right direction...? I fancy getting the lenses for the fog lights and doing the mod too. But they are only in the USA I think and are a fortune postage..... Help me guys!!!!

You might have to go to the dealers for the headlight lens.

Be aware of that mod to the fog light glass. It was a while ago when I thought about doing that and I seem to remember that someone had done it and the car ends up looking cross eyed. There was something about the lenses where the new ones are flat and the originals are thicker one end to account for the curved front of the car. It looked daft if I remember correctly.

Cheers for that info, I shall try dealer first thing in the morning for headlight lens, wonder if its easy swap? I do hope so.

As for them pesky fog lights it's maybe back to the drawing board. Grrr!,, my current drivers side fog is like totally smashed in, spoiling the front look :(

I just found two threads, one uses a Bosch lens to good effect here

And the other was the cross eyed one here

I guess it depends on which model car you have as to whether this looks good or daft.

By the way, the headlight lenses are easy to change -

Pop the bonnet.

Ease the grill out with a flat screwdriver.

With a Philips, undo two screws on the slam panel holding the headlight in place. There's also another screw behind the unit which you can access with a long screwdriver through one of the holes in the panel. That one is a bit tricky.

Put your hand inside and pop the headlight out, remove the electrical connectors (might be tough to budge).

Remove the plastic surround from the unit and with a flat screwdriver gently pop the metal clips all around the lens (there are seven I think).

The lens can now be removed though it may be stuck in due to age - be gentle.

Reinstall in reverse and don't lose your screws like I did.

Edited by efil4sbuD

Great information again, thankyou so much. See what the dealer order time is.

Yeah mines a 1995, that fix looks great how to with the bosch BMW/Volvo lens looks mint and right up my street to have a go at. It's the fact I can't even find a place flogging the bosch fog light lens...

I keep looking on ARZ at the full set of French yellow style with clear indecators included and smile.....well until the 16o.ooEuro price... :p.

Edited by Michael'durham'

ALL SORTED WITH A NEW LENS FOR HEADLIGHT :)

I'm still needing help with the O/S front fog light!,,, I'm starting to really like the look of the yellow French style anyone know of a great price for a pair?

:)

£40 for headlamp, next day delivery.

Only a few left in Depo in Milton, guy said after that there isn't any.

Really fancy some smart fogs? Any ideas?canoldpec be converted to new lamps?