Sign in to follow this  
bighands

GET YOUR SELFS SOME OF THESE

http://www.audio-warehouse.com/web/mdl/ ... detail.asp just got some new 6x9's for my C, ohhh yea, anyone wanting or thinking of getting some new ones, get these you wont be disipointed, i promise! there bit pricey, 130 quid a pair, but they kick some proper arse, i havent got an amp yet, there 215 watt RMS, yes 215!!! and my head unit only gives out 52x4, but there loud enough already! anyone else have these fitted??[/url]

Thery look pretty fancy those do, in fact most of the audiobahn stuff looks quite fancy. (I'm good friends with the main distributor for the whole of the UK!)

I haven't had 6x9's in my car since I was a youf - I tend to go for some top components up front, with decent mids - some mids in the rear quarters and a sub in the boot. 6x9's on the back shelf tend to pull the sound stage to the rear - and sound always sounds better coming from the front.

But everyone's taste is different. Get a decent 4 channel amp and get some nice components up front too, should sound even better then!

Yea there my new toys! and i have just thought of the main reason a brought 6x9's!! if i didnt i would of had a couple of silly looking holes 2 fill in my parcel shelf!! 2 dialeted that is! do u think an amp is gunna help these as my stero only kicks out 48x4 watts?? not 2 up 2 date really on steros lost all my brains..........

amp them mate...you won't regret it. If you like bass then thats the best option...if you have a bass box then you do know that the frequencies will be off slightly as the 6x9's and bass box share the same space.

For a rough idea...a two channel 2x90watts alpine/kenwood amp costs around £30-90.

I had a set of pioneer 250watt 6x9's in my polo before i bought a vibe bass box and they ran off of a £40 alpine FLEX2 amp...absolutley kicked!!

Sanjay. :twisted:

nice! so they will take a lot more?? when i crank it up they distort, so is that the speakers or the head unit being crap? no bass box as yet either! so why cant i turn it up more than bout 2/3'rd's with out it distorting?

the distorting is your head unit not being able to provide them with enough power...they can be taken a lot further mate..

sound great and no need for a bass box then!

right, decided the credit card is comming out!!!!! what amp would u lads recomend? sort of not massive amounts but not a shite one, and 1 that will take those bad boys 2 there max? comming home on friday, had the friday feeling, and the speakers wern't supplying the mineral's!! need more power......

just putting this post in 2 see if my lil pic is working as it has taken me 30 mins 2 get it 2 the right size ect...... :mad: