Sign in to follow this  
RACK

Bigger IC

I've gathered that a few people on here have fitted a rallye intercooler to the front of their C.

How hard is it to do and how much are we looking at?

I heard that pitstop were making one, but still haven't had chance to get in touch (sorry beavis, I'm still stuck at work 12 hours a day!!)

Just been speaking to LowG.

He has a complete Rallye kit inc u-bends,but unsure if he's selling.

Send a PM.

Hi,

I have fitted a customer IC and all I say is make sure you have room for it and good pipe work as I've had so much trouble getting it sorted.

Here's some pics, as you'll see I had to remove alot for stuff to get it in with the standard bumper.

C.Will that looks like a well tidy job, nice work. Plus I have the same battery as that :lol:

Blown I'll pm LowG pretty soon

I was just wondering which will be the easiest and cheapest? Due to the fact I'll be running a X-flow soon oh and the fact the standard one is poop!!

Any more ideas would be greatly appriciated

Thanks loads peeps

RACK

If you can get hold of one, the Golf G60 (not Rallye!) intercooler just fits straight in using all of the Golf's pipework... It's HUGE and needs only a couple of bits of the metal brakets on the front of it cutting off to allow it to fit properly behind the headlights... 8) There's a few pics in my gallery of it before I fitted it... 8)

You'll need the 180degree outlet, seal and support bar, the rubber pipe from there to the intercooler, the rubber pipe from the intercooler to the plastic pipe, the plastic pipe which has the mount for the CO pot, and the rubber pipe which attaches onto the throttle body... 8) I got mine from Darren for £500 which had been pressure tested so I knew it was OK...

The Rallye one is the same size IIRC, but the inlet and outlet pipes on the intercooler are different bore sizes from the Corrado / golf ones, so you'll probably need an adaptor pipe making up to be able to use it... Although you may be able to just use the original rallye pipework if you can get hold of it all, I'm not sure as I've never tried that... :|

Hope this helps...

Cheers henny. I'll have a look about for a Golf G60 one then. The last thing I want is a powerfull engine full of hot air!

Thats about what I was expecting to pay.

Did that price from Darren include everything you needed?

yup, everything apart from the angle grinder... ;) 8)

(you could just use a saw, but I had a grinder to hand at the time! ;) :lol: )

Ah the trusty angle grinder, if there is a more versatile power tool, I don't want to know about it!! :lol: