G60radoboi

Sunroof does not work at all?

So I am looking at a valver which the seller says all electrics work apart from the sunroof. How easy is it to get this rectifies and wha could the possible issue be?

Very common issue. Most likely to be a faulty motor (simple to replace but motor no longer available so need to find a used one) or a broken slider mechanism in the sunroof itself (repair kit available from dealers but a little more tricky to fit). It could be the switch but that is the least likely. Or a fuse of course.

Ask him if it opens when using the manual override. If it does then its the motor. If it doesn't then it's a broken mechanism. I believe the manual override is underneath the trim where the switches and lights are.

Thanks mate, I will ask him. He wants 1400 for it and it does benefit from a recent full body respray so i think it is a good deal or maybe I could haggle the price down a wee bit. It is a 95 model on an N reg.

The manual winder is indeed under the trim where the cabin light & sun roof switch are.......if you pop the light out there are 2 screws to remove & the trim slides off, there should be an allen key in a little clip holder & next to a small black plastic part which rotates to revel the winder. I cant remember which way it is but clockwise tilts & anticlockwise slides (or vice versa)

Its a 30 second task & i keep a screw driver in my dash just in case it ever sticks open & its raining lol

Hope that helps