renson

Fuel cap won't lock

Everything else works fine, so its not an air leak, but my fuel cap won't lock. I have a car I am breaking and was going to change the mechanism and see if it fixed the issue. However, i seems like a right pita to do. Before i go in and break anything, any advice?

Thanks,

Darren

Could be just seized with dirt. Remove the filler neck rubbet surround and the cover for the fuel flap lock and clean it all out. Probably full if dirt forcing it to stop.

Done that, feels like its slipped out of a track of something. If i wiggle it about it sometimes works. Been iffy for ages but its packed up totally packed up now.

Get the boot carpet out and see if you can see it working when you press the button. Could need swapping for the other then.

That's what i done and its def not right, got the nuts holding the actuator off, but couldn't work out how to remove the rod to the cap. I didn't want to break it though as it didn't want to come out and wasn't sure if i had missed a fixing