VWVW

Gritter salt Damage to my car radiator

Was travelling home on the M40 two days ago whilst the gritter was in the middle lane spreading Salt on the Motorway.

Just seen today in the light the type of damage it has caused to my radiator. Some of the stones they mixed in with the salts are huge and I can still see them below the radiator. There was no way of avoiding the gritter as he was in the middle lane.

I bet loads of other cars had this sort of damage on the same night. See pic. Mine will be worst off as its like an open grill on the BM.

The BM is a company car but still. Its an ugly sight with the radiator peppered like that.

that's the trouble with some modern cars with big rads and air con rads, they just have unprotective wide gap plastic mesh grilles, looks mean but no protection at all, I've had the odd bee squished on the front of my corrado rad but basically no stone damage at all.

That's annoying! I avoid the gritters like a plague if I can, had one damage my bonnet before with all those little stones!