Sign in to follow this  
djnomer

boost gauge

where do i connect a boost gauge ? should i make a T on the hose tha go's to the fuel presure regulator? help

you could do it that way but alternativly you could use a Tpeice onto the back of the clocks that way you wont need to run a pipe through the bulk head.. :lol:

its safer to run it off of the cluster than off the FPR. A leak at the cluster may be annoying but its alot less annoying than if you have a leak at the FPR and you hole a piston because you ran lean under boost.

Whoa whoa whoa...this stuff is confusing...attach it to clocks? Im trying to install my boost gauge, and i pick up this T fitting...and it says attach it to the boost manifold hose or something...I cant find this hose anywhere....If someone could show me with a picture or something where to T this hose into, ide greatly appreciate it....Thanks :)

If you'd asked this a couple of nights ago I could of took some pictures for you!

What you do is remove the 4 screws holding the black fascia around the clocks - 2 at the bottom under blanking plates and two at the top (facing down). Then the facia should slide out.

Now remove the two screws holding the clocks in (at the top left and right sides).

Now you should be able to tip the clocks forward and rotate them and you should be able to pull them out enough to see a pipe attached to the back of the clocks - on mine it went onto a blue plasticky box thing!

Just pull the pipe off this box the t-piece in.

It's not very hard to do - it took me about 45 minutes all together including getting the tools out the garage and taking it all apart again becasue I'd routed the pipe in the wrong place!