Sign in to follow this  
G60Dan

quick question regarding road tax

I'm recently moved house. I sent my log book back to the DVLA to have my address changed, but I'm yet to get it back & my tax runs out today.

My question is; Can I still get my tax using the small green slip at the bottom of the Log Book?

Cheers

Dan

Yes.

At least I was able to with my first Corrado which came with no tax when I bought it...

You need the logbook as well.. always have whenever i've taxed my car at least?

chubbybrown, Thats right you need one or the other, apparently there is a code on the log book which the post office will write on the tax disc. :)

as long as you have the wee reminder slip that swansea sent out approx 2-3 weeks before the due date all you need apart from the afore mentioned reminder are

1)valid insurance for the vehicle being taxed

2)valid MOT certificate

just renewed mine...as roddy says...i took the swansea reminder slip asking if you want 6 or 12months and MOT cert with insurance cert...even though the post office i took it too didnt even look, i just handed them the piece of paper and the money and they processed it.

yup, there's 2 ways to do it...

1) take/send the reminder, your current MOT and insurance + too much sodding money along and get your tax disk...

2) take/send the V5 (or the green bottom bit if you've just bought the car) your current MOT and insurance + too much sodding mone along and get your tax disk...

I've done both methods in the last 6 months on different cars and had no problems....

(...apart from letting go of the cheques.... robbing gits, there's only one of me, why should I have to pay two lots of car tax when I can only drive one at once?!?)

yup, there's 2 ways to do it...

1) take/send the reminder, your current MOT and insurance + too much sodding money along and get your tax disk...

2) take/send the V5 (or the green bottom bit if you've just bought the car) your current MOT and insurance + too much sodding mone along and get your tax disk...

I've done both methods in the last 6 months on different cars and had no problems....

(...apart from letting go of the cheques.... robbing gits, there's only one of me, why should I have to pay two lots of car tax when I can only drive one at once?!?)

LOL!! it is too much sodding money!!! & the roads are still full of boody holes!!!

Log book turned up Friday morning in the post so problem solved!!

Thanks all

Dan