maff

Coolant light came on + rad hose split

Well i wondered how long it would be before something would keep me occupied on the old vr6!

Went for a bit of a spirited drive yesterday and pulled up switched off and upon starting the car again i noticed the coolant light flashing. I had 6 miles to drive home so i got a move on but the water temp got just under 110 and the oil to 118 degrees.

I've just been out on the drive and refilled coolant and i have a drip from the rad top hose where it connects to the thermo housing on the block, now i'm a little worried about a head gasket after things getting hot but my old vr used to run way hotter and has got hotter than 110 degrees so i'm assuming everything will be ok?, i did have a bit of steam coming out of the bonnet when i pulled to a stop but according to the temp gauge it never went higher than as if i was sitting in traffic, surely it'll be ok right?

Heading down to my mates unit now to sort the hose and have a good tinker hopefully she'll be a ok:-)