G60radoboi

Rust in windscreen recess.

So refitting the windscreen tonight. We have the screen out (in one piece thank goodness) and as it is too dark to see the extent of the damage right now we believe there to be a rust issue. Will see tonight when the car is inside the workshop. Not a happy bunny and hoping it aint too bad and fixable. How easy is it to come by a shell that is still in good nick? Might just get one and transplant everything into it or hopefully I can sort it out tonight. Could this explain my wet roofliner?!

sounds extreme, especially when you consider some of the rust buckets on these car restoration programs :)

that does sound extreme, removeing the windscreen is the hardest bit, welding in new metal is easy peasy in comparison, the best bit is it can all be painted useing a brush as its all hiden so it doesnt need to look good,

Good to know, will asses this evening and make a decision. Maybe get someone breaking a car to cut that section out so i can weld it in......

Windscreen refitted. Rust was not critical thank goodness but screen had been poorly fitted previously. Leak should be resolved now thankfully. All treated and good to go thank goodness.

Did you buy new window seals for the windscreen, or did you just use your old ones?

I need some paint sorting out on my A pillar, which will probably need the windscreen taking out to do the job properly.

Fortunately for me my guy is good at his job so all the trims came out nicely. I have heard that some fitters will destroy the trims when removing a screen. I bought another rubber moulding, the one that goes along the sies and the top, just in case. Turns out I never needed it so i will sell it on. Need to take pics of all the extra things I have left here. In short though, if the screen gets removed correctly you should be fine.

Let me know what parts you have left over for the windscreen, as I will be interested in buying them form you.

Mine has already had windscreen replaced, and by the looks of it the fitter cut the rubbers for some Fin reason.