nrc

Master cylinder bleed screw

Can anyone tell me the dimensions of the bleed screw for the brake master cylinder (early VR)? I think it's either 6 or 7mm diameter but I've no idea about the length.

Ta, Neil.

i think its 6mm , i actualy jumped on it last night after doing my brake lines and couldnt find a spanner small enough but i have a good quality adjustable spanner that did the job .

Any idea of the length? I want to have a replacement standing by before I get a screw digger on mine :)

no idea on the length but just try a small adjustable spanner if you have one and get the spanner as tight as poss on the flats , owen these seem to be smaller then the caliper & abs unit bleed nipple threads, seems odd that they changed them here though..

It sheared off long ago so I shall have to dig the thing out. Bigg Red sell 6mm ones; I'll call them and see what they reckon.

I now have a pair of shiny new 6mm bleed screws. Opted for the shorter of the two lengths offered by Bigg Red (29mm vs 38mm). Hopefully they'll do the trick.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]73081[/ATTACH]