FenderSi

Air recycling pipe problem? Can it be deleted, replaced or repaired?

I have just noticed that the pipe between the air filter trunking and the top of the head if broken. The connector is actually blanked of in the pipe so I'm assuming it doesn't actually do much. VW don't stock or sell the part and more and neither do GSF. I guess someone probably makes a replacement of some sort or somewhere someone has a spare one? Can anybody help please? It is broken right at the top between the start of the pipe and the valve at the top... Any help is as always, much appreciated!!

Thanks,

Simon

Are you talking about the corrugated pipe to the PCV valve?

1211556525_7119_FT0_photo-0068_.jpg

If so then yes, there's an answer... Remove all the pipework and the valve and fit a straight hose from the inlet elbow to the valve cover. Plug the vacuum leak by running a second hose from the inlet port on the head (next to throttle body, near the driver's side) to the carbon canister valve (blue thing on offside suspension strut with pipes leading to the carbon canister under the airbox). 42draft designs make a kit with a metal pipe in (link[/url[) or you can just use a bit of silicone hose instead - mine came in the Roose Motorsport hose kit and I think they sell them individually...

You'll need to remove it and clean out the oily gunk every six months or so, just give it a blast of some brake cleaner. Worth thinking about replacing the inlet elbow when you do this, the rubber ones are slightly more robust than the corrugated plastic ones but they're still ****. Luckily 42draft also make a metal inlet elbow, Awesome GTi are the UK stockists.

Here's my bay with both!

shiny-inlet.jpg

Stone

VW do not sell this on it's own, only the complete elbow.

Ford do (or did a few years ago when I got my last one), for a Galaxy VR6. Think the Ford part number is -7364573 :valve assembly for a galaxy v6 circa 1996-onwards

Edited by chaos3oe

Awesome guys, thanks very much. I'll have a crack at it in the week. Now found a water leak on one of the lower coolant pipes too...Gotta love Corrados!!!!

Ford do (or did a few years ago when I got my last one), for a Galaxy VR6. Think the Ford part number is -7364573 :valve assembly for a galaxy v6 circa 1996-onwards

I found the same. Takes the pi55 really

The valve assembly is £46.96 includin VAT from Ford. I'm sure that can't be the right part?! It's a tiny plastic valve with a tube!???

That part number is just the PCV valve, bought one last week. I looked at the connecting pipe on screen but it looked like it wouldn't fit because the airbox and intake arangement looked different on the galaxy. For another 40 odd quid it also wasn't worth a punt!

I'm pretty sure I've seen a PCV delete pipe on VW classic parts. If I find it I'll post it up, that will be the route I'll go down if another PCV splits on me.

I called up and gave that part number and he told me that price. How much did you pay? I'll have a look around once I've sorted my new water leak. That's a bit more pressing at the moment!! Cheers in advance tho if you do find the delete pipe.

I called up and gave that part number and he told me that price. How much did you pay? I'll have a look around once I've sorted my new water leak. That's a bit more pressing at the moment!! Cheers in advance tho if you do find the delete pipe.

I paid the same as you were quoted, but it is just the valve.

the pipe that looks like the jobby on classic parts is

021103493A vent pipe. 19.61 EUR.

I've just inadvertently bought one of a forum member as it was attached to a rubber inlet pipe I

Worth trying VW- ask for the Sharan VR6 valve. They were selling these a couple of years ago seperately. The Ford part was £20, but like a lot of their parts, it's gone up loads in the last couple of years :(

TBH, I would delete it, as Stone has if you can't get one for a decent price. The early VR6s didn't have them anyway.

its the delete pipe but I'm afraid I'm keeping hold of it now as its only matter of time before my new pcv splits again. sorry.

might be worth checking some breaking threads for early vr6's.