Carter88

91 vr6 newbie Derby

Hi all. New to Corrados but loved them since 91 when the vr6 came out. So now I have a 91 vr6 but not been used for a few years and n/s bonnet catch won't lease so can't get it running. If anyone can offer advice to getting it open would be really appreciated. Tried all the obvious but truly stuck. Cheers Pete

As you say you have tried the obvious so you have probably tried this but when my mk2 scirocco did this I jacked it up as high as poss (supported it safely of course) and them used a torch (to see) and the bar from my jack (to prod/bang etc) and just basically fished around until I found the catch and released it manually that way. It took ages though and thats on a car with more space; I can't in reality comment whether it would work with a rado as I am new to them too so Im not as up on the locations of parts/access.

Hope you get it sorted; probably as an absolute last chance saloon the only option would be to cut the bonnet , take sections out from the area near the catch until you have access to pry it open and then obviously replace the bonnet....